Our team at Vinci Clinic are fully committed to fight against dental caries and pay attention to the importance of prevention. We also use minimally invasive techniques that allow us to treat patients effectively with the least possible interference and maximum respect for the tissues.
Conservative dentistry aims to preserve the teeth in their natural shape and form. In practice, it involves primarily prevention of caries and treatment of carious cavities. It is worth mentioning that caries is a problem affecting the majority of Poles, including children. In many cases it leads to the development of other, more complex dental problems.
Conservative dentistry is divided into the following three areas:
- prevention – which is aimed at preventing the development of caries and periodontitis
- cariology – which involves treating simple caries cases (not complicated by a reaction from the pulp)
- endodontics – treating inflammation, necrosis or gangrene of the pulp that results from untreated dental caries
Like other areas of dentistry, conservative dentistry is based on treatment that is as minimally invasive and as painless as possible while ensuring the effectiveness of the procedures undertaken. Conservative dentistry makes it possible to save a tooth or, if a cavity has already developed, to restore a tooth by reconstructing its natural shape, color, and function.
Conservative dentistry at Vinci Clinic:
- painless treatment of caries under topical anesthesia
- esthetic light-cured fillings
- removal of caries with laser and abrasive sandblasting, without the use of a burr
- disinfection of carious cavities using ozone and PAD (photoactivated disinfection)
- composite restorations such as inlays, onlays and overlays
- porcelain inlays, onlays and overlays using the CAD/CAM method (Cerec)